Thursday, August 11, 2011

Elliptigo a go go

While on my way to do some grocery shopping I drove past a gentleman riding an Elliptigo.  You can take a look at them here.  I had never seen one before and immediately jumped online when I got home to take a look.  Billed as a cross trainer to help improve an athletes training program I couldn't help but see the benefits for those who have been told by their doctors that they need to exercise without adding stress to joints. 

They have two models one for mostly flat terrain and small hills and another for those that want to tackle steeper hills.  They also have blocks that can turn the Elliptigo into a stationary bike.  The only drawback I can see is pricing.  The most inexpensive model is around $1700.00 dollars and for someone that has large medication bills each month or may be on permanent disability this can be difficult to come up.  However, if anyone remembers that when the microwave first came out it was $800.00 dollars and now you can pick one up for $50.00 bucks.  So I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and maybe the Elliptigo will come down in price in the future.

No comments: